Tuesday, March 31, 2009

due date eve!

Wow...wtf, tomorrow is d-day! That's insane!!! How do I calm myself down and get back to Zen when one of the best OB's in Dallas has been predicting for months that tomorrow is d-day? Aside from watching the alien rolls Cade is doing in my tummy and freaking out Nick and the dog (thanks for the memories Cade, lets consider this our first prank on Daddy!) I am doing what I can to stay calm, cool, and collected.

Strategies for being Zen:
1. yoga breathing. think of my guru, Steve Ross (you can check him out at 5am on Oxygen channel, I love him! He makes pervy comments during yoga if you catch them---love it)
2. eat a chicken nugget happy meal. (only have your husband super size it)
3. call mommy
4. sit in the rocker in the nursery, holding Izzy, singing Tim McGraw
5. update to-do list, because if my life is busy then Cade can't come for another few days

I know it's crazy, but I want another day with my students. I can't bring myself to say goodbye to them just yet, I love these kids! I know I'll go back to work after maternity leave, but still... it's hard to say goodbye. They're irrestible (well... the majority of them:)

Also I want another day or two to enjoy being pregnant. I love having Cade all to myself. Everyone is going to want to hold him when he comes out, and that's not fair. He's mine. Don't touch. Just tell me he's pretty and keep on moving. haha. Okay, tell me I'm pretty too.

Seriously, I might just miss feeling him in me. I've never been more certain there is a God and that this life is meant to be good. It's amazing and I can't quite get enough of it. I like that I'm the first and only one to know what's going on with him. When he's 18 and running around God knows where I'll miss that. I like that he's all mine and I'm all his. (You knew I'm selfish, now you know just how much.)

So I'll end with a message to my baby... Stay with Mommy for just a little while longer. Lets keep cuddling and I promise to rub your little basketball body all the time and talk to you all day long. I just need a few more days to love on you and live in this secret world just the two of us. I love you, kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...