Saturday, November 19, 2011

One year

This time last year I surprised Nick in our rented RV with telling him I was pregnant. This time last year I listened to Mariah Carey sing "All I want for Christmas" and crying just praying the whole song that I was pregnant with a baby girl. When I heard it today I was caught off guard by the rush of emotion and found myself sobbing as I looked at the backseat and there she was. Our missing puzzle piece. The little darling girl I have dreamed of all my life. It's funny, because with Cade my love for him takes my breath away, I never knew my heart had that kind of capacity despite my head over heels love for my husband and my dog. With Devyn my love surprises me because I have dreamed of her forever. This love is both familiar and new at the same time. Getting to know her is like going on really good first dates every day!! You wonder where this is going to go, but you just know something special is there that is yet to see.

I am so excited for our first Christmas as a family of four! To be able to each proudly hold a little blonde Lambie on our laps at Christmas Eve service. To have an infant to snuggle Christmas morning as Cade opens his gifts. To put that little pink Christmas tree I bought in college in Devyn's room. To thank God for making my biggest dreams come true. Love you, bloggies. I hope your holiday season is full of blessings too.

1 comment:

  1. Hilary- you are making me tear up too! I am so happy for you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...