Monday, November 24, 2008

i'm hongry!!! and a lullaby request.

I woke up at 3am starving this morning, and the hunger hasn't waned since. My morning snackfest started at 10:00am and consisted of 3 bottles of water, a bag of mini-muffins, Chex Mix (traditionale flavores por favor!), and a clementine. 10 minutes after the last snack I ate my lunch: chicken pot pie, applesauce, chocolate swirl Snack Pack, and more Chex Mix. So much for only needing an additional 300 calories a day!


And now, for my lullaby request. I am taking suggestions of lullabies that I will compile into a mix CD for Cade. And yes, this will be on a playlist so I can practice singing to myself via ipod. This most genius idea struck me today as I had my sixth snack of the day watching Ellen. Bette Midler, one of those idols I sometimes forget to worship, was on today. She had a pink bling ukelele and sang Glory of Love. What a great song! I so imagine I could rock a ukelele.

So your mission is to send me (via comment to this blog) your recommendations for my lullaby mix tape for my Cade. These can be songs your parents sang to you, songs you sing to your child, or songs that you think would make me look cool in the eyes of my newborn.


Anyways, the lyrics of that Bette song are so sweet, I've posted them below for your singing pleasure. (And as I type I sing, and as I sing my dog stands on my shoulder....)

You've got to give a little, take a little,
And let your poor heart break a little.
That's the story of, that's the glory of love.

You've got to laugh a little, cry a little,
Until the clouds roll by a little.
That's the story of, that's the glory of love.

As long as there's the two of us,
We've got the world and all its charms.
And when the world is through with us,
We've got each other's arms.

You've got to win a little, lose a little,
Yes, and always have the blues a little.
That's the story of, that's the glory of love.
That's the story of, that's the glory of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...