Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Oh dear.

Siiiiiiggghhhhhh....."Oh dear" is slowly replacing "Oh my God", "Oh shit!", and other fun phrases around the house. Nick & I think it would be funny if Cade had this line in his reportoire. But still, we've just got "Mama" and "Dada" and sometimes "huG". To be honest, the kid is just more concerned with his physical milestones than his verbal skills. Kind of dangerous when your kid silently crawls into another room and opens up a cabinet and is playing with a bottle of Nyquil. Uh, guess we missed that cabinet on babyproofing day.

So the last week has been a bit of a rollercoaster. Last week he woke up with a 100.3 temperature and stayed at JAckFM in the evening when we checked it again. I took him in to the pediatrician, and came out with a diagnosis of RSV, double ear infections, and as he cried on the table during the RSV swab we noticed 2 top teeth poking out. (Tangent about teeth: They aren't his two middle top teeth, they're the secondsies...I have vampire baby. I guess this is okay with the New Moon/Twilight craze...hopefully he gets the two main teeth before the last movie is released!)

I enjoyed two days off with him and being Momma-who-makes-me-feel-better. I tried to teach him about sick couch, but he's too young to control the remote, I had to teach him about daytime time tv and dvr. Poor kid, he'll learn. So this week Lolli, Grammie, and Grandaddy each took a day watching him and today we went in for another check-up and he's all clear for daycare! Hooray!

Now fingers crossed that none of the other feral babies, I mean sweet angels, who go to school with Cade have sick germs tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...