Tuesday, June 26, 2012

How can you argue that?!

It has been decided. The Terrible 2's weren't so terrible. Sure, there were Terrible days, but nothing compares to the Trying 3's. Cade is just so f'ing cute and so damn frustrating sometimes.  When a mood swing catches you off guard, watch out.  He's way more verbal, and just trying to figure out life even more, his current class schedule appears to be Negotions & Manipulations, Snacking not Eating, and Everything Spiderman.  Not bad, right?  I'd say he's got a solid 3.5 grade point average.  (Mommy is still the expert in Negotiations, but he's closing on me).

The other day he asked me where we were going. I told him "We're going to the gym and you and Devyn get to play at Kids' Club!".  He started saying no, no, no, he's not going to go to the gym.  I told him that it's not nice to argue with Mommy. He said, "I not arguing, Mommy. I just talking. Little words, like this [he holds up his fingers and pinches them really small]. See? It's just a little talk Mommy. We just talking little words."  I was speechless. Then he proceeds to chew and swallow an imaginary something. I said, "What's that? What did you swallow?" He said, "I just swallow my argue." And walked away.

Um, okay?  A. I have never wanted to go work out more than when my 3 year old told me we weren't going to go. Strange motivation.  B.  Can he teach my students/husband to swallow their argues?  If only we truly were having "little words" instead of him arguing, that would have also been sweet progress.

Truly he does have moments when he is just a huge punk brat who makes me go cray cray. More tales his crib sheet as they come. For now, I've got to convince little man that it is cool to poop in the potty.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...