Thursday, January 22, 2009

holy crap...

Some things blow my little pregnant mind...

#1 damn that ultrasound is cute. it's so freaking cute! look at him snuggling up in there. i'm one comfortable momma and my baby likes it.
#2 seeing that heart beat on the 60" tv screen at my fabulous dr office blew my mind. sure, i know someone is growing inside of me.... but seriously SOMEONE IS GROWING INSIDE ME! i have 2 hearts beating in me. if that's not enough to make you believe in God or something bigger than yourself... i'm blown away. i've never been more amazed. sure enough, there are 2 hearts in me. so go ahead, get greedy. i've got enough lovin' to go around. i have 2 hearts now. me and my little buddy, my teammate.

Now for random thoughts...

#1 Lesson for the Ladies: daddies to be get 10 more months of drinking. you pee on that stick ladies, and you don't even get a celebratory glass of fine champagne. your new happy hour go-to drink is Ozarka. Oh, you'll try to make yourself a virgin Cape Cod... turns out that minus vodka, you're just drinking plain ol' cranberry juice. (at least you're avoiding a UTI) Moral of the story: if you're thinking you might want to get pregnant in the next year, you take yourself as many happy hours as you can now... no regrets when you're sitting at home feeling like a fat cow, googling baby furniture on craigslist, wishing you could sip a beer just for the hell of it.

#2 when i can't sleep at night, i come up with all sorts of curiosities. i get to wondering the most random things. i need a night-vision, small little laptop by my bed so i can do 3am google searches. seriously, i need mini night-google. i can't even remember now what on earth was so important or fascinatingly curious to me, but last night, i wondered stuff from about 1:45am to 4:30am. you'd think i would have figured out some stuff in that time. not so much.

#3 Thank you to the considerate sick strangers I encounter. So many people will be sniffling or coughing and then say "Oh, pregnant lady, I'll stand back HERE" and then they will back up or even leave the room entirely. To that I say thank you. And feel free to continue to avoid me even after I have my baby. I'd be cool with never being exposed to your germs ever again. Shouldn't we always be this considerate when we're sick? Shouldn't we always make the extra effort not to cough, sneeze, or snot on other people when we're ill? I would think so, but apparently to these people, it's only a concern because I'm with child. Nonetheless, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...