Sunday, September 8, 2013

It's soccer time!!

 
 
Excuse the lame MC Hammer reference.
That's aging right there. Kids these days have no idea who that even is. Ridic.
Anyways, we had our first game of the season yesterday! 
I completely forgot how much I have watching the kids play.
They are so cute in their tiny shoes and shinguards.
Oversized jerseys and shorts that cover their knees.

I can't even handle how proud I am when I see my kid running down the field, breaking away from the pack and scoring a goal. Or four. And two assists, Grammie is very proud of those assists, do NOT forget the assists because those goals woud have never happened without him she says.

I understand that pride though. Cause I feel it. I don't think it's just pride that he scored. It's pride that he was having fun working with a team.  Seeing him smile while doing something athletic. Knowing that being a part of a team, any team, is so important as a life skill. It's cool to move into this phase of  childhood where it's all about soccer practice and homework.

Speaking of pre-k, let's discuss his first homework assignment...
Find something with the letter C to bring for show & tell.  He rejected car, cat, cow, and went with his cape. Super cool because it's his super Cade cape and had a letter C on it. Double C's, baby!  I asked him what his friends brought in and he said, cars, cats, and courage.  Wtf- courage?!  Who the heck? I may have confronted the mamas at Saturday's birthday party to ask who was responsible for that one. They all denied it.  So, I'm secure in our friendship and understanding with those mamas.  No over-achieving pretentious homework doing helicopter mamas in this group. #Relief.  Maybe the teacher taught them about courage? Like vocab lesson #1?

I decided to ask him what other letters he knows and he said "B!"  Of course, because Batman starts with B.  I asked him what starts with B and he answered, "Beer, Bats, and Batman!"   I thought surely I had misheard my little angel, so I said "What's that, sweetie? Bear? Cheer?" He said, "No, beer!  Beer, beer, beer!"  Damn. Damn, damn, damn.  That's word #1 my kid knows? What are they teaching him in school? Ha. Ohhhhh, jeez.  So I said, "What's beer?" And he said, "What Mommy and Daddy drink." Oh... "What's bats, sweetie?"  He says, "Dark night bats."  I say, "What's Batman?" He says, "Dark knight Bruce Wayne."  Oh-kay.  Wonderful.

Thanking God Nick and I didn't prank his teacher as we had planned. We wanted to send him with a Coors Light, sack of sugar (Crack), and some condoms.  Apparently he will take care of the humiliation on his own.  Let's hope they don't study B for another few weeks so I can practice some more appropriate words.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...