Saturday, February 5, 2011

Train Lover!

We had an uber-pleasant surprise on the way to eat at Babe's Chicken House in Frisco in January. As we pulled up we saw a big, black t(out of service) train! Cade nearly jumped out of his carseat, his feet were kicking a mile a minute and he was squealing and clapping his hands. Luckily we beat the rest of the family there, so we played on the train and track for a little and I scored some uber-cute pics of my man.




Anyways, if you've never been to Babe's, you're missing out. It's the quintessential Texan-style food I live for. It's set in a huge barn with dim lighting, cowboy music, long wood tables and mismatched chairs. You know you're in for a good time when they bring you out a bowl of butter and big vat of honey to go with your meal. You order one of their five fried meats which come heaped on a family-style platter with all the sides they offer, salad with a sweet vinagrette, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, buttery corn, rolls, and little bowls of homemade honey mustard. I guess the dim lights hide the gorge-fest that happens at every table. Of course I wasn't thinking when I invited my vegetarian aunt and health-conscious grandmother in law, but even they seemed satisfied (I tried the pot-roast, never liked the stuff before in my life, but LOVED hers!) The waitresses do the hokey pokey, which Cade loved but didn't quite get. Perfect place to let your toddler run around, hell--- it's a barn.

More pics & stories to come! Using the snowed in time to catch up:)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...