Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hot child in the city!

I knew this part would be the hardest, being 9 months pregnant with a heat index about 100 every day! One more week to go and I'm trying so hard to make sure I enjoy every minute with Cade. I can't believe that most of our lives Nick and I will be parents of two children. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like and just one month from now we won't be able to imagine what life was like before two kids. We forget that we used to have a life just the two of us. We literally sit on the couch with Cade and Izzy and can't recall what we used to do. We've come to the conclusion that we must have been pretty boring. Of course, we will never admit that to the kids!!

Cade and I had a great mommy and me date yesterday. We started off with breakfast at McDonald's ("donalllllls!!") and grocery shopping. Then we came home and got ready for "swimming pool time" at Jack Carter. Not gonna lie, it was kind of disappointing to be limited to the kiddie pool. Cade fancies himself an advanced swimmer and kept asking me why he couldn't go to the big pool. Apparently the 200 teenagers swimming laps didn't deter this kid! After a luxurious nap for Cade (and lunch & Real Housewives DVR time for Mommy) we headed to a mall play date. Auntie Annie's pretzels for snack?? Yes please! To top off the perfect summer day, Daddy suggested ordering thin crust pizza for dinner. Perfection. And we only snuck out of our big boy bed 3 times!!

The problem with nailing the perfect summer day is waking up the next day and hoping to recreate the same happiness with a different combination of events. On today's agenda? Library time, pool, nap, OB appt, bikini wax. hmmm... something tells me we're not going to re-create yesterday's magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...