Monday, August 31, 2009

First day of school







Cade's first day of school and my first day of school as a mommy. My first lesson: If it's going to be a hard and scary day, then dress CUTE! Another strategy was put on LOADS of mascara, because if you know you're going to cry, that will be a pretty good reminder that you shouldn't even chance one tear.
Aw, hell. Of course I chanced the tears in the parking lot. You drop off your kid, all his gear, and you walk out only holding your car keys. It's a little devastating. Now it's my third week back to work and it's getting easier.
Little man actually looks at the door when the mommies start to come pick up their babies and today he looked right at me and smiled and laughed when I picked him up. Now we've got quality 9pm time cuddling on the couch. Mommy wants a Tylenol pm, Cade wants to party... Cross purposes much? Ah well, Cade wins. Gotta run and talk with my boy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...